Welcome to the Coastal Invasive Species Committee
Coastal Invasive Species Committee (Coastal ISC) partners represent diverse stakeholders through Vancouver Island and surrounding coastal communities and British Columbia.
Join-us June 13th in Nanaimo!
Coastal ISC AGM, Forum and Field Tour
** We know everyone is busy managing Weeds so we have decided to extend the registration deadline to Monday, June 10th.
Join us in celebrating our partners in invasive species management. The theme is Partnerships: The Effectiveness Quotient.
Filled with presentations from experts, regional dialogues, networking, effective invasive species management techniques and our much anticipated hands-on Field Tours. Come and explore how we can work together to reduce the negative impacts of invasive alien species on Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and the Sunshine Coast. Read the complete AGENDA here
See you there!
The Coastal ISC takes a leadership role to reduce the negative impacts of invasive alien species by:
- Outreach and education: Working with community members, local governments, First Nations, industry, land managers, and others to exchange information and raise awareness about the impacts from, and management of, invasive alien species.
- Collaboration: Promoting efficient, cooperative management of invasive alien species.
- Advice: Providing advice and building capacity to manage invasive alien species.
- Management: Providing services to manage invasive alien species.
- Support: Seeking funding and other support to achieve the vision.
Our Service Area encompasses:
- 9 Regional Districts
- 34 Municipalities
- 57 First Nation Groups