Hartland Landfill: 1 Hartland Ave, Victoria, BC
Hours: Weekdays 9am to 5pm and Saturdays 7am to 2pm
- Invasive species (bagged and tagged) – $59/tonne, $10 minimum
- Knotweed (with special permit) – $59/tonne, $10 minimum
Contact your local transfer station to see if they will accept Invasive Species
Cowichan Valley Regional District
Drop off Invasive Species that have been bagged in 3-4 mil poly bags (construction grade) and goose tied with a zap strap. Bags need to be labeled “Invasive Species”. Let the scale know you have invasive species when you arrive.
- Bings Creek Recycling Centre: 3900 Drinkwater Road, Duncan BC
- Peerless Road Recycling Centre: 10830 Peerless Road, Ladysmith BC
- Meade Creek Recycling Centre (Giant Hogweed Only): 8855 Youbou Road, Lake Cowichan BC
There is no charge to drop off at these locations
Nanaimo Regional Landfill: 1105 Cedar Road, Nanaimo, BC (7 days a week 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Call Scale for disposal ahead of time (250-722-2044 ext. 3221)
- Double bag invasives – $8 a load when under 50 kg
Church Road Transfer Station Location: 860 Church Road, Parksville, BC (7 days a week 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Double bag invasives- $8 a load when under 50 kg
“Hogweed, Knotweed and Gorse invasive plants are NOT accepted as yard waste at Circular Waste BC composting facility in Duke Point. These invasive plants must be double bagged and buried at the active face of the Regional Landfill and charged as MSW.
Accepted as Yard Waste at Church Road Transfer Station and Regional Landfill:
- Scotch Broom in small amounts
- All other invasive plant species”
Comox and Strathcona Regional Districts
Bag invasive plants and take to any local landfill. Can also be picked up curbside if placed into yard waste bags. If taking to the dump, inform scale operator that you have invasive species.
Comox Valley Waste Management Centre 3699 Bevan Road, Cumberland, BC V0R 1S0 (7 days a week 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
Campbell River Waste Management Centre 6700 Argonaut Road, Campbell River, BC V9H 1P1 (7 days a week 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
Contact your local transfer station to see if they accept Invasive Species.
It is $10 a load for up to 100 kg.
Sunshine Coast Regional District
Sechelt Landfill 4901 Dusty Road (Tuesday to Sunday 9:00am – 5:00pm)
The following are accepted species:
- Giant Hogweed – accepted as garbage at the Sechelt Landfill (must be secured in clear bags); garbage tipping fee applies
- Scotch Broom – accepted as garbage at the Sechelt Landfill (must be secured in clear bags; no flowers or seed pods); garbage tipping fee applies
Knotweed and Leafy Spurge are not accepted.