Coastal Invasive Species Committee (Coastal ISC) partners represent diverse stakeholders throughout Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and the Sunshine Coast in British Columbia.
The Coastal ISC takes a leadership role to reduce the negative impacts of invasive alien species by:
- Outreach and education: Working with community members, local governments, First Nations, industry, land managers, and others to exchange information and raise awareness about the impacts from, and management of, invasive alien species.
- Collaboration: Promoting efficient, cooperative management of invasive alien species.
- Advice: Providing advice and building capacity to manage invasive alien species.
- Management: Providing services to manage invasive alien species.
- Support: Seeking funding and other support to achieve the vision.
We are one of 17 Regional Weed Committees throughout the Province
Our Service Area encompasses:
- 9 Regional Districts
- 34 Municipalities
- 57 First Nation Groups